Wednesday 19 June 2013

ASCEND P6. WOW WEE!











SYNAPSE CIRCUIT:
HUAWEI TRANSLATES TO WOW WEE WITH THE ASCEND P6!


Good afternoon, Synapse Circuit Readers! As predicted, the Chinese are coming... ...coming to make their mark on the Android market. I have understood that the Oppo Finder 5 is making its way to the UK as I type! We’re no strangers to Huawei; their Ascend P1 made a significant impact and like the Galaxy S it showed so much promise on future handsets to come... That promise has been delivered... Enter the...

ASCEND P6
My first reaction is “WOW”! The Ascend P6 looks like a fantastic handset that has me changing my stance on premium Android handsets made from plastic: I love the flexibility of plastic. But the Ascend P6 looks what the iPhone could look like if Apple were blessed with a talented designer. Meouch! Lol! But it’s true! The iPhone design is very bland – especially for the amount of time it has been out! Just an observation... Anyway, the P6 looks very, very desirable and it gives those that hate premium plastic something to shout about and be proud of! Well done, Huawei! For me the P6 is a viable alternative to the efforts of Samsung, HTC and LG! But like any handset one has to weigh up the pros and cons... Here’s some spec...

Body: 6.18 mm thick, 120 grams, metallic case
Display: 4.7-inch LCD, HD resolution, 312 PPI pixel density
Platform: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with Emotion UI 1.6
Processor: 1.5 GHz quad-core Huawei K3V2 processor
RAM: 2GB
Storage: 8GB built-in, extendable up to 32GB through an SD card
Front-facing camera: 5-megapixel with feature support for “selfies” and capable of capturing 1080p videos
Rear-facing camera: 8-megapixel BSI with F2.0 aperture, LED Flash and 4cm macro view, can record Full HD videos
Battery: 2000 mAh with power saving technology

Are you amazed? A few aspects of the spec stand out to me... Can you see them?

First of all how thin it is: 6.18mm????! Wow! I am astounded! I thought the Galaxy S4 was thin at 7.9mm! It’s not until you have it in your hands will you know!

Then there’s the quad processor... It’s Huawei’s own! 1.5GHz is pretty good!

The 2 GB RAM is great for speeding applications along – yes the usual suspects... Social networking apps!

And... Oooh, the 5MP front facing camera!!!!! Brilliant! Such a powerful front facing camera has been unheard of! It’ll come in handy for self portraits and video calling!

The possible downside of the P6 is the 2000 mAh battery! Huh???? Surely the 4.7 312 pixel density screen will suck the battery dry let alone anything else?  Maybe Huawei has made everything efficient on the battery! We’ll see...

CHAMELEON
One of the greatest aspects of Android is the endless customization possibilities. Well, there are hundreds of themes to give the user a sense of individuality! From what I have seen the themes look very, very good. The themes range from a classical look to techno and everything in between! There are 4 themes on the device itself and users will be able to download more online!

From what I can tell the P6 will come in two immediate colours: black and white. There is a pink model that I suspect will be released at a later date! If this is the case I think that this is a bad move because I know so many women who want a pink phone and haven’t been able to get a hold of one! Even I want a pink phone!!!! Yes!!!! Straight men like the colour pink too!!!!

EMOTIONAL
I am emotional in thinking that the battery is non-removable. I do hate non-removable batteries on handsets!

The Jelly Bean 4.2.2 will be wrapped up in Huawei’s Emotion UI and I have to say that by looking at it I think it is going to be good! I am a little disappointed that it’s not going to be Jelly Bean 4.3 purely because I and all Android fans are just waiting for news on where the next incarnation of Android will lead us!

FORWARD
The Huawei Ascend P6 is one handset I am looking forward to reviewing!

Watch out for a forthcoming review...

Thank you for reading!

Take good care!


Please enjoy the video below! Feel free to leave some comments and subscribe!





Thank you for watching and reading!

Please check out the Synapse Circuit website for video, i-PDF and more! 

Synapse Circuit Dot Com

No comments:

Post a Comment