Wednesday 19 June 2013

8 inch is the new 7 inch




SYNAPSE CIRCUIT:
IS 8” THE NEW 7”


Good evening, Synapse Circuit Readers! Uh-uh, naughty minded readers! I am not talking about toys that go bump in the night! No! I am talking about tablets! I am asking is the 7” tablet redundant?

PHABULOUS
It has become clear that the Android phone has gotten bigger! 5” is the new 4.5”. I am looking at my Galaxy S4 and Note 2 side by side and the S4 is dwarfed to the point where the Note 2 looks the ideal size! Yes, I have large hands and it’s hard to find rubber gloves for dishwashing! So, the Note 2 fits rather well and is the ideal (at least for me). As you know, the phablet has gone from 5” to just over 6”! Crazy! But I love it! However, the 7” tablet looks decidedly small and insignificant as a result. It just doesn’t look right... Dare I say it; I think the iPad mini looks a lot better!

What I like about the iPad mini is the large screen achieved by the minimal bezel. That’s one design that Apple has gotten right.

NEXUS 7 GENERATION 2
Are you waiting for the second generation Nexus 7? I was... Well, I am not so sure anymore... I would be very interested if Google manages to get it together to release an 8” tablet and, please, pretty please with sugar on top, may it have a minimal bezel!

But I doubt very much that Google will produce an 8” tablet. I predict that Google will play it very safe and release Nexus 7 2. Sure, it will be new and improved and made by Asus. The rumoured spec is as follows:

7” 1920x1200 pixel Full HD 1080p display
Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor (APQ8064) with Adreno 320 GPU
2 GB RAM
32GB onboard storage
5MP camera
1.3MP front-facing camera
NFC, Wi-Fi, 4G LTE
7.5mm-8mm thick chassis

Not bad, huh? It remains to be seen if any of the above make it inside the forthcoming Nexus 7 2. We shall see. But now I am thinking of a either an 8” or 10” tablet this year!

What do you reckon?

Take good care!


Please enjoy the video below! Feel free to leave some comments and subscribe!




Thank you for watching and reading!

Please check out the Synapse Circuit website for video, i-PDF and more! 

Synapse Circuit Dot Com

No comments:

Post a Comment