Tuesday 18 February 2014

SYNAPSE CIRCUIT WHEN? BUDGET ANDROID TABLETS


SYNAPSE CIRCUIT
WHEN? WHEN WILL ANDROID MANUFACTURERS GIVE US A DECENT COST EFFECTIVE TABLET?

#MWC2014 #AndroidTablets #Nexus72014

Good evening / very early morning, Synapse Circuit Readers! I hope all is well! And thank you so much for reading my articles! It does my heart good to know that you are enjoying them!

You are probably wondering what I mean with the above title, right? You’re thinking, “But the Google Nexus 7 2013 is great!” and... “Samsung Galaxy Note tablets are brilliant!” And of course you are right! But...

...EVERYTIME I READ NEWS OF NEW ANDROID TABLET I BECOME DISAPPOINTED...
...to learn the components. I ask myself, “How is it that budget Android tablet components always stays within a certain parameter?” And it seems that I am not the only tech writer / reviewer disappointed with most budget Android tablets as I occasionally read other reviews.

We’ve witnessed the budget Android handsets become powerful, inexpensive and very usable. The Moto G and the Nexus 5 are great examples of such power for a decent asking price. When will tablets see that leap forward? The Nexus 7 2013 is great, but why can’t other manufacturers follow? Why can’t other manufacturers up the ante? Now would be the time as the Nexus 7 has been out a while now and it is time to set a newer standard in the components. I pretty sure that the Nexus 7 2014 is going to be pretty amazing.

Here’s a typical 7” tablet spec:-

Display 7”
Resolution: 1024×600 IPS
Capacitive Touch (5-point)

CPU  
Quad 1.2GHz

Operation System 
Android 4.1

Memory / Storage
RAM: 1GB
Internal Storage: 8GB (as default)
Extended: Up to 32GB microSD

Network       
GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
UMTS 900/2100MHz
2G/3G Cellular Voice, SMS, MMS
Mobile Data: GPRS, EDGE, WCDMA, HSDPA

GPS   
GPS/A-GPS for Location & Navigation

Connectivity           
Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n
DLNA supported
Bluetooth: Bluetooth 3.0 (compatible to 2.1+EDR)
USB: microUSB

Sensors       
Accelerometer
Ambient Light
Proximity

Camera        
Front: 0.3Mp, FF
Rear: 3Mp, FF

Audio
Built-in MIC, Speaker
Audio formats: ogg / wav / wma / mid, midi / mp3 / 3gp(aac) / amr / ape / flac etc.

Video
1080p @ 30fps (MP4/H.264/VC-1/WMV-9 etc.)

Cloud Service
Yes    

Battery         
Type: Li-Polymer
Capacity: 4100mAh

Yep! Above is your generic Android 7” tablet. Ok, some manufacturers try to get away with a dual core processor to be the cheapest but, like I keep saying, apps are getting larger and more demanding of the CPU & RAM! Other than that the generic 7” is kinda boring, right?

TABLETS MWC14

I am hoping that at this year’s MWC we’ll see a minimum of a 1.7GHz quad and 2GB RAM on level entry tablets! I also think the time has come for a HD display as standard.

That’s what I think is needed to draw more of the market away from the iPad / iPad mini. It can be done and it is happening already! A good friend of mine recently picked up a Lenovo 10” IdeaTab S6000 tablet for just under £200! Pretty good going!

But going back to the MWC14, I reckon there is no excuse for tablets running anything less than KitKat! I can’t wait to see what will be revealed! Would you believe that I have yet to purchase a tablet! Even my friend has got one before me! Lol! Good on her!

What do you reckon?

Take good care!


Thank you for watching and reading!

Please check out the Synapse Circuit website for video, i-PDF and more! 

Synapse Circuit Dot Com

No comments:

Post a Comment