Wednesday 19 September 2012

MORE NEW RELEASES 2012: MORE WINDOWS 8 HANDSETS & ACER 7" TABLET!

























THE WAVE OF NEW HANDSET & TABLET RELEASES PART 2012

My goodness… What’s happening???? Too much! But I would rather too much than too little! Christmas should be interesting… What will I treat myself to this year? Oh, it’s gonna be my birthday in December too! I almost forgot…

Yes, Readers! There are more handsets and tablets coming to the market…

HTC

Yes, HTC have launched a couple of Windows 8 handsets too! 8X and 8S! Here’s some info:

Brilliant Display
The Windows Phone 8X by HTC features a beautiful, 4.3" HD-resolution super LCD 2 screen protected from everyday bumps and scrapes by lightweight Gorilla® Glass 2, while optical lamination reduces reflections and glare, ensuring you see every detail. The Windows Phone 8S by HTC boasts a bright super LCD 4" screen with Gorilla® Glass, allowing users to see the Windows Phone Live Tiles, and every message and photo, with crystal clarity and sparkling color.

Entertainment
With the Windows Phone 8X and 8S by HTC people can carry their favorite music, movies and photos with them wherever they go. With the Windows Phone Store and Xbox Live, it is easier than ever to enjoy the latest video, music and games on the move.

Availability
The Windows Phone 8X and 8S by HTC will be available beginning in November. Available through more than 150 carriers in 50+ countries, the Windows Phone 8X or 8S by HTC will be available from the world's top carriers including: United States: AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless. Europe: Orange, O2 Telefonica, MTS, Three UK, T-Mobile, and Vodafone Asia-Pacific: Chunghwa Telecom, Optus, Singapore Telecommunications Ltd (Singtel), Smartone, Telstra and Vodafone Australia.


In the US, the Windows Phone 8X by HTC will be available for a suggested retail price of $199.99 at AT&T and T-Mobile.

It’s going to be a battle of the mighty with their Windows 8 handsets: Samsung and Nokia (trying to make a comeback). Who wants a Windows 8 phone? Do you think that Windows 8 stands a chance with the two giants being Android and iPhone? Maybe, just maybe because the iPhone 5 is a disappointment to iPhone fans and tech-geeks that Microsoft could make some gains! We’ll see… I do like the look of Windows 8 for mobiles! But I ask myself the following:

What’s the state of apps for Windows 8?
What can a Windows 8 phone do for me?

Hopefully I will get to find out… Review coming as soon as I am able to get my hands on ‘em!


ACER: NEW TABLET
This year I am looking to land myself an Android tablet! I have been thinking of the Nexus 7, but I know that around this time of year just about every manufacturer of tech will come out with some kind of tablet! As much as I like the Nexus 7 I felt that it was missing an SD card slot and HDMI!

Enter the Iconia Tab A110! It’s a 7” tablet that looks as portable as the Nexus 7 – it’s a marvelous tablet! The features look similar… NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 quad-core processor clocking at 1.2GHz, 8GB internal storage – expandable up to 32GB via a microSD slot and 1GB of RAM! A110 also features a 7” LCD display at 1024 x 600 pixels, running the latest Android flavour -  4.1 Jelly Bean - complete with facial recognition-based security. Hmmm, the resolution isn’t quite HD!

But I do like that it has an HDMI port! Iconia Tab A110 is now available for pre-order ahead of a projected 1 October release, listed at £179.98 on Ebuyer.com.

The price is not bad at all! The Iconia Tab A110 places itself amongst the Kindle Fire HD, Nexus 7 and the many cheap Android based tablets out there – usually from China!

Try not to buy your presents in advance… You’ll do well to wait a little! Again, Google could be releasing another version of the Nexus 7 with more features! Apple are said to be gearing up to release the iPad Mini! Who knows what will be the state of the tablets available this year? I am keeping my eyes and ears open!

Christmas is coming…

Thank you so much for reading!

Please check out Synapse Circuit Magazine!

Best wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment