Wednesday 24 September 2014

SYNAPSE CIRCUIT SAMSUNG TALK 10 THE BEAUTY OF THE BEAST

C'mon... Seriously... Get REAL!!!
SYNAPSE CIRCUIT
SAMSUNG TALK 10:
THE BEAUTY OF THE BEAST

Goodhour, Synapse Circuit Readers. Are you feeling tip top? I sure hope that you are on the very best of your game and making the most of your tech! I encourage you to be independent with your creative endeavours!

Now that the wheels have fallen off the iPhone 6 Plus will the Galaxy Note 4 be an option for the disappointed?

BETTER BY DESIGN
#Samsung #SamsungGalaxyNote4 #GalaxyNoteEdge #GalaxyAlpha # #SamsungUNPACKED2014Episode2 #GearS #GearVR #GalaxyMega2 #GalaxyS6

iPHONE 6 PLUS FIRST IMPRESSIONS
I recently thought I’d take a look to see what the fuss is about for myself and took a look at the iPhone 6 Plus (and standard) last weekend! When I clapped eyes on the white model on display I quickly understood why the black one is featured predominately in the promotional material. Good Friends, if you haven’t seen the iPhone 6 Plus I have to say that it looks super-bland! I can’t put it in any other way! The next thoughts that entered my head were, “Gosh! This feels flimsy! If this is what iPhone fanatics call ‘premium’ they are sadly mistaken! It doesn’t have a patch on the Galaxy Note 3 and the soon to hit the market Galaxy Note 4 & Edge!” Hmmmm, “It feels more plastic than the cheapest Android handset in my humble opinion!”

It’s funny that when “flimsy” entered my mind a few days later we see that the iPhone 6 Plus has a design flaw: it bends! I guess one could say that my iPhone fanatic detractors are eating humble pie! I never wavered from my point of view that the iPhone is not the “premium” handset as these people would like to have you believe. If I were an iPhone fan looking to share in what Android users have been experiencing for years:-

1. Large crisp displays – now QHD!

2. External storage options.

3. And, of course, Android!

I’d be very, very disappointed!

VERDICT
No, Apple! NO!!! The iPhone 6 Plus is uninspired and fragile; in a bid to be the thinnest the aluminium has become likened to baking / cooking foil! It is not even in the league of the first Galaxy Note! Uh-uh! The iPhone 6 Plus reminds me of the Acer Liquid S1 – big and somewhat awkward!

As always I am finding it hard to believe that Apple has sold yet another “record” 10 million odd units! And you know what? I am not being mean to Apple and iPhone fans! I actually feel quite sorry for those who have been looking forward to something quite substantial other than being bigger! Again, there is more to a “premium” phablet than being big! The design must be solid and the functionality ought to offer users many options to increase productivity!



The iPhone 6 Plus should have been constructed from a sturdier material or thicker and include a removable battery. I envisage a situation whereby a serious user will run out of battery with concentrated use. Apple would have done well to have an external power pack as an optional extra. iPhone 6 Plus users will be still looking over the shoulders of the Samsung Galaxy Note user – especially version 4 due to the QHD screen and the S Pen!

THE GALAXY NOTE 4 & EDGE
Just by looking at the two handsets, the Galaxy Note 4 and iPhone 6 Plus, you can see which one is the better designed. Again, this is not me being “anti-Apple” as so many accuse me of being but pointing out what should be patently obvious.

There are two distinct and major camps (outside other mobile device operating systems): Android & iOS. Although I can see advantages in Android and the Galaxy Note 4 I reckon so many iPhone users, like Apple, have boxed themselves into a corner whereby they feel obligated to say, “Android? Samsung? No way!” However, the difference between Apple and Google is that Google offer cross-platform applications and try to make productivity seamless between the different platforms. Android makes it possible to be neutral towards MAC and PC so that many of its productivity applications can be outputted to a file format that these personal computer platforms can understand like MIDI for music composers; PDF for writers / journalists, etc. And because the Galaxy Note 4 has such a phenomenal functionality it has the capability to appeal to the disappointed iPhone 6 Plus users that have demanded their money back!

BIG, BIG LOVE?
If you are still looking for some gigantic big, big love you ought to give the Galaxy Note 4 a try! I know that his is going to be my next handset and I am very much looking forward to it! Mmmmm... Man and machine in perfect harmony!

Things to think about...

THANKS FOR READING...

Please check out the Synapse Circuit site here: Synapse Circuit.com

STANDBY FOR REVIEWS AND COMPETITIONS!


Yes, I am well aware that the site is due an update soon! It’s coming...

Synapse Circuit for tech news, opinions, articles, reviews and competitions. You will find interactive PDF magazines, videos and links to free legal software! Check it out at Synapse Circuit dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment