Tuesday 10 September 2013

APPLE iPHONE PREDICTION FOR THE 10th SEPT 2013: THE RESULTS!


Out of touch. iOS 7 is coming on the 18th September 2013.

SYNAPSE CIRCUIT
APPLE iPHONE PREDICTION FOR THE 10th SEPT 2013: THE RESULTS!

#Apple #iPhone5S #iPhone5C #iOS7

Good evening, Synapse Circuit Readers! The greatest show on Earth and in the known universe is finally here!

HOW MANY OF MY PREDICTIONS WERE ON POINT? LET’S SEE...

Right: Of course Apple taking sly swipes at the competition was always going to be a sure thing.

Right: The fingerprint scanner, Touch iD, was finally revealed. Again, it is not secure; just fall asleep with your iPhone on show and it’s game over. Just like Android’s face recognition unlocker, Touch iD, is not 100%.

Nearly right: Camera, I got the camera hype right which wasn’t difficult to achieve. However, I got the megapixels wrong. I thought that Apple would follow Samsung and up the ante with a 13MP camera. They know a “secret that HTC and others know...” but if others know it then how is it a secret? No mention of 4K video recording.

Right: I was right about the iPhone 5C and Jony Ives appearing in a video. I didn’t predict low price because I know that what Apple thinks is inexpensive the rest of the world thinks otherwise. I was right that the 5C has cheapened the brand somewhat.

Right: I was right about iOS 7 and the delusional notion that it is the “most” popular mobile operating system in the world. I do not see much innovation going on with iOS 7 as it borrows heavily from Android. I couldn’t have predicted a 64-bit handset and it remains to be seen how it will stack up against the quad-core beasts that are Android based.

Wrong: I was wrong about how Tim Cook and co going on about the “fragmentation” with the “other guys”.

Wrong: Totally wrong about the guest musician(s) appearing towards the end. Elvis Freaking Costello???? Jeez Louise????! Apple raided the cryogenic lab to defrost him.

VERDICT
Truthfully, I can’t see the attraction of both the 5C and 5S. The iPhone screen remains disappointingly small in comparison to what HTC, LG, Samsung and major premium manufacturers have done. Again, if you recall my conversations with my iPhone fanatic Adorable Friend (I don’t name her and that’s why I use capitals like a first and second name) I asked her one thing: “Would you prefer to see a movie at the cinema or on television?” She couldn’t answer! Most people enjoy a great movie on the great big silver cinema screen!

I think the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and its Knox security system far more advanced; it’s more advanced period!

Design: Tell me what does Jony Ives do again? Oh, yes, he’s a designer. You wouldn’t have thought so looking at the 5S and 5C! They are the most boring looking handsets in plastic (oops, I meant polycarbonate) and metal.

With Samsung, LG, Oppo, HTC and so many other manufacturers have shown real design flair and innovation.

I feel so bad for iPhone fans! I can see that there is a 50 / 50 split in that one half have come to terms with the fact that Apple are not the innovators they once were. And the other half are in denial; that’s what shock will do to you! Sure, it’s nice to be the first, the first to announce a 64-bit operating system but what’s the point when the handset is 2-bit?

What do you reckon?

Take good care!


Please enjoy the video below! Feel free to leave some comments and subscribe!

 


Thank you for watching and reading!

Please check out the Synapse Circuit website for video, i-PDF and more! 

Synapse Circuit Dot Com

No comments:

Post a Comment