Monday 22 April 2013

THE BUDGET ANDROID SMARTPHONE IS DEAD!



The ZTE Geek powered by Intel.































THE BUDGET ANDROID SMARTPHONE IS DEAD!


Good evening, Synapse Circuit Readers! I am getting ready to produce the next video so my tech-blogging will not be as frequent! I am hoping to bring you the penultimate review of the Galaxy S4... We’ll see...

Speaking of the Galaxy S4... It’s not really a smartphone is it? No, with a 1.9 GHz processor onboard it’s a Superphone! It’s a Superphone that has killed off...

...BUDGET ANDROID HANDSETS
Recently I bought myself a ZTE Blade 3 as a replacement for my Samsung Galaxy S which died to a suspected component damage through an unofficial battery extension kit. I was very happy with the performance of my newly acquired Blade 3 until I upgraded the Facebook app!

I don’t know if you have noticed, but every time popular apps such as Facebook get an update it invariably means that the file size (of the app) increases. And not only do such apps take up more room on your handset it also demands more of the CPU and RAM! If you happen to be in possession of a premium smartphone or superphone then the chances are you wouldn’t have noticed a difference in the overall performance of the handset. But on these budget Android handsets, such as the ZTE Blade 3, accessing Facebook can take minutes instead of seconds! Frustrating! The single 1 GHz CPU and 512 MB RAM struggles to handle the new Facebook Chat Heads that comes with the Messenger update! As a result I am not that much better off than before.

Yes, my friends... The budget Android handset is dead...

...LONG LIVE THE BUDGET HANDSET
Because of the extremely high standards of the new Superphones, HTC One, Sony Xperia Z and the forthcoming Samsung Galaxy S4 the specs of the budget Android handset will be higher and cheaper!

Expect to see budget handsets that will have the following spec:

1.2 GHz dual-core CPU
1 GB RAM
4.3” screen – at least!
5 GB or 6 GB internal storage
5MP camera
LED flash
1MP front facing camera

Such spec should come in at around the £120 mark! It could even be cheaper!

PREDICTION: THE RISE OF INTEL
With the Motorola RAZRi I feel that the power of the Intel single core 2 GHz Intel Atom CPU went unnoticed in terms of phenomena that is the iPhone and Galaxy S. I don’t know if this was down to the publicity Motorola spent on the RAZRi, but it’s one of the most underrated handsets going! The RAZRi is down to some great attributes:
8 GB internal storage
1 GB RAM – it makes a huge difference to 512 MB!
8 MP camera with full 1080p HD

But none of that would mean much without the 2 GHz Intel Atom processor! I predict that there will be some great budget and mid-range handsets coming our way that will contain an Intel processor!

Thank you for reading!


Please check out the Synapse Circuit website for video, i-PDF and more! 

Synapse Circuit Dot Com

2 comments:

  1. Many people can't afford these types of phones, they like over 100$ above. Just thank Android, they made touch screen technology cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it depends on whether you go contract or to purchase a handset outright! I like that there are some cost effective Android handsets on the market and that the quality will only get better!

      Delete