Wednesday 25 March 2015

TECH-TALK MARCH SYNAPSE CIRCUIT

Above: New HTC CEO Cher Wang. Best wishes to her! Middle: My next handset, Galaxy S6 Edge. Bottom: The Google Nexus Player by ASUS.

SYNAPSE CIRCUIT
TECH-TALK: ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR TINY MIND???

Goodhour, Synapse Circuit Readers! It is so wonderful to see you! I hope that all is well with you!

How’s it going? Are you getting on with your tech? Here’s a tech-rant! Brace yourselves! Hahahaha!

#TechRant #GoogleGlass #HTCCherWang #GoogleNexusPlayer #SamsungGalaxyS6Edge #AppleTV #ThreeNetwork

GOOGLE GLASS
Hey, it’s good to know that my tech-predictions are proving to be more accurate of late; it must mean that I am finally learning... Hahahaha! Anyhoo...

Google Glass reminds me of the reactions to the Bluetooth headset. God, how the Bluetooth jokes bore the ass off me! I could swear that the writers of these anti-tech jokes feel that they are too stupid to know how to use it.

As predicted, Google Glass is still in development and should be ready later on this year. I would wear it! Besides it comes with various styles of frames / glasses and I am sure there will be one to suit even the most self-conscious person out there. It’s technology! Deal with it! Hahaha!

I do think that Apple is jealous in that it is Google that is making the real technological innovations!

Synapse Circuit on Google Glass

HTC = HOT TASTY CHER? Okay, okay! I am sorry! That’s not the most PC (hee hee) title in the world but rest assured that I am just kiddin’!

I think that it is freaking brilliant that Peter Chou has passed on the CEO duties to Cher Wang! I am hoping that Wang will help to turn HTC’s fortunes around. I hope that she’ll start with making sure that there is a top notch camera in future HTC handsets. Already the reviewers are saying that the 20MP camera in the One M9 is let down by software. What a drag... But I have faith in Cher Wang; I think she’ll listen to the consumers and whip HTC into shape!

Cher Wang is a breath of fresh air to HTC that hasn’t been able to get the camera right ever since I got my first HTC handset, Hero to the Desire and the One X. I’ve put a hold on HTC handsets for now.

GOOGLE NEXUS PLAYER
Yes, at last! Good news for those who have cancelled their crap cable services: Nexus Player is coming to the UK! Since I’ve cancelled my extortionate and trouble cable with Virgin Media last year I have never looked back. I have been using one of my computers as a TV and I do not miss all these crap channels. That’s the thing with cable: you get all these bloody useless channels! Now, if we could pick the channels we want... But, again, we are witnessing the death of cable. The only thing keeping cable TV going is the live sports channels! I must confess to not being a sports fan and so it doesn’t bother me in the slightest. I am definitely going to get myself a Nexus Player when it comes out soon!

Google has a great solution in Android TV that will find its way into many more little boxes that is not too dissimilar to Nexus Player. I would imagine that the Google Chromecast dongle may come down in price to give the Nexus Player some breathing space! Nexus Player should cost around £80! Sure, it is a tad more expensive than Apple TV but you are getting totally new technology:-

1.8GHz Quad Core Intel Atom processor, 1GB RAM and 8GB on-board storage and the faster 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard. All you have to do is connect your TV to the Nexus Player via the HDMI ports - TV HDMI-IN to the Nexus Player HDMI-OUT. You can play games on it too!

Apple is said to be readying Apple TV 2 that is said to be coming this summer; in the meantime Apple is looking to shift the current Apple TV at a reduced price hoping to sell as many units as possible. I don’t know why they don’t scrap it and give the Apple fans a revised, updated take on TV.

Read it here: Apple TV Junk

SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE / S6

From where I have been sitting – at the Synapse Circuit Control Centre – the demand for the latest Samsung Galaxy handset(s) has gone off the charts! At the moment all the major network carriers are struggling to keep up with the pre-order demand! It’s gone interstellar – more so for the edge variant, Galaxy S6 Edge! It is hardly surprising as the Galaxy S6 Edge is one of Samsung’s best efforts to date! The Galaxy S6 Edge is such a gorgeous futuristic looking handset that should by several millions! I am happy to say that my Galaxy S6 Edge is on the way as is my review!
Now that the tech-media critics and (discerning) consumer have got the premium metal ‘n’ glass handset from Samsung that they’ve been asking for all these years there is no excuse. The sales of the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge could supersede both the iPhone 6 & 6 Plus.

There are many, many reasons why the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge sales can eclipse the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus but the main ones are:-

1. The Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge speaks the premium language better. The S6 Edge is currently in a league of its own!

2. The Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge quad-HD screens shatter the retinas on the two iPhone models with a ridiculous 577 ppi density!

3. The 16MP camera with OIS (optical image stabilization) should produce superior stills and video.

The iPhone is at least 3 to 4 years out of date in comparison to the Android handsets – notably Samsung.

No. I can’t and do not want to hide my excitement at the prospect of getting my Galaxy S6 Edge! I am going for the Gold Platinum as my current handsets are either black or white. Why, oh, why Samsung didn’t deliver my Galaxy S6 Edge in Electric Blue? Anyhoo... The prices are as follows:-

GALAXY S6 32GB ON THE THREE NETWORK
1GB data
All-you can-eat minutes +
Free 0800/0808/0500 calls.
All-you-can-eat texts.
£43.00 a month.
24 month contract.
£49 upfront cost.

2GB data
All-you can-eat minutes +
Free 0800/0808/0500 calls.
All-you-can-eat texts.
£46.00 a month.
24 month contract.
£49 upfront cost.

All-you can-eat data
All-you can-eat minutes +
Free 0800/0808/0500 calls.
All-you-can-eat texts.
£51.00 a month.
24 month contract.
£49 upfront cost.

GALAXY S6 EDGE 64GB ON THREE
1GB data
All-youcan-eat minutes +
Free 0800/0808/0500 calls.
All-you-can-eat texts.
£48.00 a month.
24 month contract.
£49.00 upfront cost.

2GB data
All-you can-eat minutes +
Free 0800/0808/0500 calls.
All-you-can-eat texts.
£50.00 a month.
24 month contract.
£49.00 upfront cost.

All-you can-eat data
All-you can-eat minutes +
Free 0800/0808/0500 calls.
All-you-can-eat texts.
£55.00 a month.
24 month contract.
£49.00 upfront cost.

HOW DOES SYNAPSE CIRCUIT FEEL ABOUT THESE PRICES?
Well, the prices are expectedly higher; you are getting a premium handset – it is what you wanted from Samsung and so you have to pay the price.

You are getting a better deal on the Galaxy S6 Edge as you get 64GB as opposed to the 32GB on the Galaxy S6.

What I don’t like is the data plans. When you are paying over £30 a month on a monthly rental the data plan should be at unlimited. Sure, you have unlimited calls and texts which you would have had with free calling and messaging apps if you had unlimited data. While the quality of the free calls might vary at least it is free and you can surf the Internet until the cows come home. You will kill 1GB quite easily; you may in danger of becoming antisocial staying indoors using your Wi-Fi!

1GB of data for £43 a month is not good at all. It would have been fair if data plans started at 5GB for £43, 10GB for £46 and unlimited data at £50! Still, unlimited data, calls and texts at £55 isn’t bad at all. However, Three could have kept it at £50 and not a penny over!

I will be shopping around on all the UK networks and will let you know what I find... Stay tuned!

Thank you so much for reading Synapse Circuit!

Expect more reviews, news, opinions, competitions and more from Synapse Circuit!

Please check out the Synapse Circuit site here: Synapse Circuit.com

Synapse Circuit for tech news, opinions, articles, reviews and competitions. You will find interactive PDF magazines, videos and links to free legal software! Check it out at Synapse Circuit dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment