Monday 2 February 2015

SYNAPSE CIRCUIT SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 THROWING A CURVE


SYNAPSE CIRCUIT
SAMSUNG GALAXY S6: THROWING A CURVE

Goodhour, Synapse Circuit Readers! How are you? Me? I am good; sipping on some herbal tea right now. How are your tech projects coming along? Have you started on your website? Let me know what you are up to!

Hey, hey, hey! What’s this? What’s next? My new handset, that's what's next!

#Samsung #GalaxyS6

UNPACKED 2015
Don’t you just love Samsung’s Unpacked events? I know I do! What will be revealed on the 1st of March 2015 in Barcelona may come as a pleasant surprise of disappointment! These days Samsung are quite unpredictable; around this time last year the anticipation for the Galaxy S5 reached fever pitch and the anticlimax was a bit much to take in at first. But once the Galaxy S5 was in the palm of my hands I really appreciated the design.

Here we are again... What do we make of the curved profile in the invite? I’ve been sitting here trying to imagine what that curve translates to in terms of design and I cannot figure it which is probably a good thing! Lol! There’s no point in me showing you the various “leaked” pictures I’ve seen as they don’t look authentic and furthermore they do not feature a curve. I could also show you patent drawings but it’s pointless because these patents do not specify a particular model. For all I know the patent could be for the Galaxy Note 5 or a different handset altogether. Galaxy S6 cases? Well, one case manufacturer in particular showed a case for the nonexistent Galaxy S5 Prime. This same manufacturer is showing a case for the Galaxy S6! Forget it!

As per usual the much rumoured specs keep fluctuating between 3GB – 4GB RAM, 5” – 5.5” screen, 16MP – 20MP camera and non-removable battery. Then there’s the possibility of a double edged variation that could be in short supply like Galaxy Note Edge. There again if the screen is only 5” there is a possibility that there will be one design that features a dual curved edge. There are no details about colour availability. That’s the one aspect of the Galaxy S range that I do not like – the
colour variations are usually released much further down the line.

RIDING HIGH
I am of the opinion that way too much has been made of Samsung’s sales slump; the Galaxy S5 just didn’t meet the flagship criteria that we expect from Samsung. In addition the budget to mid-range handset was redefined by Motorola and the burgeoning Chinese manufacturers. Samsung’s premium flagships are still quite formidable but the Galaxy Note 4 is, I believe, what Samsung fans have gone for instead of the Galaxy S5. Hence ‘Project Zero’; the Galaxy S6 has to be redefined to, hopefully, look markedly different from the Galaxy Note series. What did I say about the Galaxy S following the Note? Yes, that’s right: The Galaxy S took the design cue from the last Note. This is why the Galaxy S4 looks like a mini Galaxy Note 2. A new design sensibility with the Galaxy S6 ought to make it desirable again. Should Samsung get it right this time around I do believe that the Galaxy S6 should be the start of reversing the slump.

The Galaxy S6 could very well be my next handset. 25 days to go... Be afraid... Be very afraid... Lol! I am just kiddin’! I am quite excited about get a hold of this 64-bit handset!

Thank you so much for reading Synapse Circuit!

Watch out for my follow-up on: ANTISOCIAL NETWORKING: THE IMMATURITY OF G+ & THE HELLISH SCHIZOID AUTOMATONS...

It may enlighten or amuse you... You’ll just have to read it to find out!

Expect more reviews, news, opinions, competitions and more from Synapse Circuit!

Please check out the Synapse Circuit site here: Synapse Circuit.com

Synapse Circuit for tech news, opinions, articles, reviews and competitions. You will find interactive PDF magazines, videos and links to free legal software! Check it out at Synapse Circuit dot com

A NEW SYNAPSE CIRCUIT WEBSITE IS ON THE WAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment