Wednesday 11 February 2015

NVIDIA GAME CHANGING EVENT 3RD MARCH 2015 SYNAPSE CIRCUIT

NVIDIA SAYS, "GAME ON!"
SYNAPSE CIRCUIT
NVIDIA GAME CHANGING EVENT 3RD MARCH 2015

Goodhour, Synapse Circuit Readers! What’s going on with you? I hope things are going well and that the weather is going easy on you in your part of the world! Thanks so much for reading the articles!

Yes, 2015 certainly looks like a big – huge year for the Android platform as 64-bit is starting to take hold. NVIDIA, the agents of Shield (I never get tired of saying or writing that) have been working on something for 5 years in the area of Android gaming... Is it time for the Shield tablet 2? Read on...

#NVIDIA #SHIELD #SHIELD2 #SHIELD2015 #AndroidGaming

IS IT TIME ALREADY?
Is it time for the successor to NVIDIA’s gaming tablet, Shield? I seriously doubt it as the 8” tablet hasn’t been out for a full year! So, what I am envisioning is an Android gaming console in the vein of the Xbox and Playstation. With the power of the Tegra X1 CPU it could very well be that this NVIDIA Android gaming console will be able to utilize games meant for the PC! This gaming console should take up where the Shield left off!

I can’t say that I am a gamer... I don’t play games at all. Still, I could be enticed with the right device. I do like the idea of educational games that allows one to learn and apply in the real world. One of my New Year’s resolutions is to play the guitar and I have been looking at an Xbox with one of those guitar learning games. If NVIDIA announces this console that I am anticipating it could put paid to the idea of me buying an Xbox.

SHIELD 2
I am definitely in the market for a serious tablet this year! No messing around with inexpensive tablets that makes great promises and can’t deliver because developers are taking advantage of better processors. NVIDIA says that the powerful 64-bit Tegra X1 will go into just about every mobile device and therefore I will look out for the Shield 2 which is bound to come out by the summer. I can’t see how competing chip manufacturers can beat the Tegra X1; the Intel chips have proven to be a letdown thus so far and the thought of purchasing a serious tablet with “Intel Inside” does not fill me with great confidence. I am looking for an Android tablet that can keep me away from the PC for a good while.



My other bets are on Qualcomm and Samsung as possible alternatives to the power of the Tegra X1 CPU. It looks like a faceoff between these chip manufacturers this year and which one shall come out on top?

NVIDIA HANDSET?
We have seen that NVIDIA can make a decent tablet; will NVIDIA throw a handset based on the Tegra X1 into the ring? If NVIDIA produced a handset it could, once again, upset the major Android OEMs. All it takes is one decent design... There again, price depending, an NVIDIA handset could cause ructions at the midrange and budget market. I would imagine that an NVIDIA handset may cause many manufacturers at the budget end of the market to go out of business. I am sure that the K1 can be used in midrange handsets as it is still a strong CPU. We’ll see...

I guess it is not easy to produce an Android handset at the moment as competition between the established is rife! Still, I would like to see NVIDIA have a go. I reckon that they could take on the HTC One M due to the fact that HTC has yet to put a decent camera into any of its handsets. NVIDIA has done well with the Shield’s front-facing speakers but the speakers have enough room for improvement.

NVIDIA NEXUS
I would like to see NVIDIA do the next Nexus tablet (and possibly a handset); I do think that the Nexus jumped too quickly from 7” to 9” and there is nothing for the consumer that likes compact devices. Put the Tegra X1 into a 7” or 8” tablet and it could go down a storm.

Hopefully, NVIDIA is in the running for a Nexus range this year.

IN CLOSING
I am very excited about what will be revealed on the 3rd of March 2015. NVIDIA has the capacity to step up as a major player in the Android arena. I think NVIDIA could produce what I call the “Central Device” that is essentially a desktop computer that runs both Android and Chrome OS. I can see that it would be advantageous to work on a large desktop screen seamlessly from a mobile device in the way that Apple users can go from a iOS device to a Mac desktop.

Mark my words: 2015 is a pivotal year for Android (and Chrome OS). The hardware is coming together as is the software i.e. Lollipop and apps that can utilize 64-bit processors. It’s gonna be a blast!

Thank you so much for reading SynapseCircuit!

Expect more reviews, news, opinions, competitions and more from Synapse Circuit!

Please check out the Synapse Circuit site here: Synapse Circuit.com

Synapse Circuit for tech news, opinions, articles, reviews and competitions. You will find interactive PDF magazines, videos and links to free legal software! Check it out at Synapse Circuit dot com

A NEW SYNAPSE CIRCUIT WEBSITE IS ON THE WAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment