Wednesday 21 November 2012

BE A DJ AT YOUR NEW YEAR'S PARTY!
























DIGITAL DJ 2, MAGIX
£39.99

Have you, like me, always wanted to be a DJ? You ought to check out Digital DJ 2! Yeah, I have always wanted to be able to DJ – just appear at parties / clubs and be the hero of the decks! Would you believe that I attended a DJ skills workshop held by none other than Jazzie B of Soul To Soul! What put me off was, not acquiring the skills, but the equipment! Too expensive!   


Many, many moons ago a childhood friend of mine and I decided to become DJ’s and we got some gigs – if you could call them that – at our community centre and at school discos. The equipment we used was just domestic turntables – not even twin decks! Usually the community centres and schools had their own PA equipment, so we didn’t have to drag loads of gear around. Still, carrying the records was a great chore! Today, we / I would be using a decent laptop running Digital DJ 2!  

SKILL? WHAT SKILL?
As you can imagine, I didn’t acquire great DJ skills with the method my friend and I used to entertain small audiences, so the thought of using Digital DJ 2 to mimic a highly skilled knobtwiddling beat matching DJ filled me with great glee and a little apprehension! Yes, apprehension because I know that one has to still develop some DJ skills... It’s the same as acquiring photo manipulation skills!

THIS IS A PREVIEW! YOU CAN READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE IN FULL AND FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING @ www.SYNAPSECIRCUIT.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment