Saturday 21 December 2013

SYNAPSE CIRCUIT: 2013: A REVIEW. PART THREE: THE DEATH OF BLACKBERRY.

 "The end is nigh..."
SYNAPSE CIRCUIT:
2013: A REVIEW.
#Technology2013 #BlackBerry #Z10

Good evening, Synapse Circuit Readers! How are you? I hope that I have helped you in choosing gifts this Christmas as I am sure I have done last year!

Here I am looking at what I see as the highs and lows of 2013’s world of Tech!

PART THREE: THE DEATH OF BLACKBERRY.

THE BIGGEST TRAGEDY OF 2013: BLACKBERRY
THE SECOND MOST DISAPPOINTING HANDSET OF 2013: Z10
Oh my goodness!!!! What happened to BlackBerry, huh? I guess it was a case of too little too late. BlackBerry was slow to react to the innovation of the iPhone and the onslaught of the unstoppable phenomenon Android!

It was an exciting touch and go period in which there seemed to be some contemplation as to whether they were going to go Android or stick with their own technology... Then there was a denouncement of Android and the rest is history! Literally! I thought that all this fighting talk from BlackBerry was going culminate in a killer device and operating system... ...alas, no! When I tested the Z10 I was left a little dumbfounded as it was not what I was expecting. You can’t slate another operating system and come up with something less than! Aside from that they made some interesting moves and brought in none other than recording artist Alicia Keyes as a Creative Director – or something like that!

I have a few Canadian friends who asked me if the Z10 was worth upgrading to and no matter what I told them they were going to remain patriotic to BlackBerry but to their detriment. My Canadian friends now wished that they had gone Samsung! Well, that’s what they told me! Never mind... Perhaps all is not lost as BlackBerry is still quite popular amongst school children here in the UK!

As you know by now BlackBerry has announced over $4 billion profit loss! It is doubtful that they can come back from taking such a huge loss! How many thousands did they have to lay off over the last couple of years? Was there at least one or two ex-employees looking at the mobile phone market? I guess not!

BRAVE
Yes, it was mighty brave of BlackBerry to stick to their guns but they were firing blanks! I wonder if there is still a chance for BlackBerry to come back with an Android handset and a put together an overlay not too dissimilar to Samsung’s TouchWiz with their very own widgets! I think there is a slight possibility! I reckon it would be easier for BlackBerry to see what Android market is doing in terms of delivering powerful handsets at a great price... Now, if BlackBerry can produce a decent quad-core Android handset for around $150 they could make a dramatic comeback in the history of tech!

Well, I hope you have enjoyed this instalment of 2013 in review!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS FROM SYNAPSE CIRCUIT

Take good care!


Thank you for watching and reading!


Please check out the Synapse Circuit website for video, i-PDF and more! 

Synapse Circuit Dot Com

No comments:

Post a Comment