Thursday 19 February 2015

MOTO G 2014 LOLLIPOP 5.0.2 SYNAPSE CIRCUIT

Above: The Moto G 2014 image comes from a screen capture of a PhoneDog YouTube video. Thank you PhoneDog!
SYNAPSE CIRCUIT
MOTO G (SECOND GENERATION) UK UPDATED TO LOLLIPOP 5.0.2

Goodhour, Synapse Circuit Readers! How’s it going? How are you? I hope that all is well in your world! And I also hope that the weather is being good to you! At the moment it is pouring down in London – and if it continues like this I had better start building the ark!

Hey! Did you treat yourself to a Motorola Moto G Second Generation last year? Have you been sitting patiently waiting for the good ship Lollipop to arrive? Well, it’s finally here! Yay!

#Google #MotoG2ndGeneration #LollipopUpdate #Lollipop #Lollipop5.0.2

FINALLY
Yes, finally the Lollipop update has arrived on the Moto G Second Generation and it is all good! Now the Moto G Second Generation resembles the Nexus 6 – the Nexus 6 Mini!

Having had the Nexus 6 for a while now I can’t say that Lollipop on the Moto G 2014 is much of a big deal but I certainly appreciate the upgrade. The KitKat capacitive buttons have been replaced by the Lollipop triangle (back), circle (home) and square (previous / multitasking).

The only things I don’t like about Lollipop thus so far are the Adaptive Brightness and Ambient Display; I don’t think they work well. I know on the Nexus 6 these were the source of rabid battery drainage. A small niggle is that I would like the interface / launcher to carousel infinitely. Oh, it would be an advantage for users to trigger Google Now by assigning a unique code word or words; many Android users have multiple (Android) handsets and uttering the magic words “OK, Google” soon becomes an annoyance. Sure, I’ve had to disable the Google Now settings on a number of my devices but it’s a great advantage for users to set-up their handsets as they prefer. Google should look into it for future updates – I hope they do!

IN CLOSING
It’s good to see that many devices are receiving the Lollipop upgrade. I can envisage that towards the end of this year that Lollipop should come up high on the Android operating system usage charts. I think a number of handsets from the last couple of years should be able to go Lollipop at some point. The Samsung Galaxy S4 and Note 2 is said to be getting the upgrade and, of course, the latest handsets this year are running Lollipop out of the box! Maybe Lollipop usage will be at about 70% by December 2015. Google’s game plan is very slow (but the Lollipop adaptation has been the fastest ever) but very, very sure.

What’s important for non-Android folks to understand is that Android just works. If I had gotten my upgrade further down the line I still would have been using my handset as usual. For the sake of the other guys: Way too much has been made over the different iterations of Android. I wouldn’t really use the term “fragmentation” as it pertains to malfunction. Think about it... If Android was so unusable then why is many people still content to use devices with older versions? The way Apple / Cook and co go on about this idea of “fragmentation” you’d be forgiven to think that users of Jelly Bean, for example, are tossing their handsets away because they have become unusable! Nothing can be further from the truth! I still have a Motorola RAZRi that’s still on Jelly Bean and it’s not something that I am het up about. I can still go on my social networks, use my apps as normal, etc. So there!

Thank you so much for reading Synapse Circuit!

Expect more reviews, news, opinions, competitions and more from Synapse Circuit!

Please check out the Synapse Circuit site here: Synapse Circuit.com

Synapse Circuit for tech news, opinions, articles, reviews and competitions. You will find interactive PDF magazines, videos and links to free legal software! Check it out at Synapse Circuit dot com

A NEW SYNAPSE CIRCUIT WEBSITE IS ON THE WAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment